Table of Contents
Passionate researcher in the field of Machine learning, Cryptography and Distributed Systems. Author of a book on Nginx, the world’s most popular web server. Published a paper on Federated Learning at IJCAI in 2020 and assisted with filing over 60 provisional patents in augmented reality, virtual reality, image processing, messaging and cryptography.Download Academic CV
- N. Kumar, S. Goel, A. Narang, et al., “One shot audio to animated video generation,” arXiv, 2021. doi: 10.48550/ARXIV.2102.09737.
- D. Sarkar and M. Gupta, “Curriculum generation using autoencoder based continuous optimization,” arXiv, 2021. doi: 10.48550/ARXIV.2106.08569.
- D. Sarkar, A. Narang, and S. Rai, “Fed-focal loss for imbalanced data classification in federated learning,” Accepted for the Workshop on Federated Learning for Data Privacy and Confidentiality in Conjunction with IJCAI 2020 (FL-IJCAI’20), 2020. doi: 10.48550/ARXIV.2011.06283.
- D. Sarkar, S. Rai, and A. Narang, “Catfedavg: Optimising communication-efficiency and classification accuracy in federated learning,” arXiv, 2020.
Books & Articles #
- D. Sarkar, Nginx 1 Web Server Implementation Cookbook. Packt Publishing, 2011
- D. Sarkar, “Muzzled: A graphical theme builder for mozilla,” Linux Gazette, vol. 119, 2005
Associations & affiliations #
- ACM member
- IEEE member
Awards and Achievements #
- Eta Kappa Nu - Engineering honor society of IEEE, for excellent academic performance (2021).
- My B.Tech thesis (Unusual human activity) was awarded the best project at IIT Delhi’s Open House (2009).
- Top 100 ICSE students, Among the top students in Kolkata, India (2005).
M.Sc. Arizona State University in Computer Science (2020 - 2022). Specialisation in Cyber-Security (GPA: 3.96/4.0)
Graduate Certificate, Strategic Studies (2018). Awarded by The Takshashila Institute.
B.Tech Indian Institute of Technology in Computer Science. (2003 - 2007). Thesis project: Detecting unusual human activity using video. (GPA: 7.5/10)